Call for Papers
The Department of Foreign Languages of the Faculty of Economics, Peoples' Friendship University of Russia, invites experts to participate in the 9th International Research Conference Topical Issues of Linguistics and Teaching Methods in Business and Professional Communication. Conference agenda includes two plenary sessions and six sections:
- Topical issues of teaching foreign languages for business communication
- Modern tendencies of professionally oriented foreign language teaching
- Integration of emerging information technology in the process of foreign language teaching in non-linguistic higher educational institutions
- Strategies for teaching specialised translation in non-linguistic higher educational institutions
- Intercultural business communication
- Important issues of modern applied linguistics: 6а – Germanic languages (English, German); 6b – Romance languages (French, Spanish, Italian); 6c – Oriental languages (Chinese)
The agenda also includes holding presentations, master classes, workshops and round-table discussions.
The key speakers scheduled to take part in the conference are experts in the field of professional and business communication coming from UK, France, Bolivia and Russia. The full list of key speakers with details is available in the Key Speakers section.
Conference proceedings will be published in English at the pre-opening stage (RUDN University Press, Russian Science Citation Index, ISBN). As a follow up, participants’ reports will be published in English as part of Collected Papers (RUDN University Press, Russian Science Citation Index, ISBN). All contributors are requested to register at lsoconference.ru using our online registration and paper submission form (in English) by February 17, 2020.
THESES SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- MS Word, Times New Roman 12, line spacing – 1,5, 2 cm margin
- Keywords – 5 to 7 words and expressions
- Publication volume – 1-2 pages
- Indicate author’s full name and affiliation in the right upper corner (boldface Times New Roman 12)
- Title – in capitals, centred (boldface Times New Roman 12)
- In-text quotations (in round brackets) and references (entitled References) should be formatted according to APA formatting style, 6th edition
- Overall theses volume – 900 to 2500 characters with spacing
Head of Foreign Languages Dpt, Faculty of Economics, RUDN University, Academician of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, DSc, Professor Elena Malyuga
Academician of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, DSc, Professor, English Language Dpt, MGIMO University, Evgeniya Ponomarenko
CSc in Linguistics, Associate Professor, Foreign Languages Dpt, Faculty of Economics, RUDN University, Natalia Polyakova; CSc in Linguistics, Senior Lecturer, Foreign Languages Dpt, Faculty of Economics, RUDN University, Svetlana Orlova
Registration fee amounts to €50/₽3500 and is to be paid not later than March 2, 2020 against the invoice. Registration fee covers participant package and programme, conference information package, participation in all sessions and sections, coffee breaks. The invoice can be issued by fax or in e-form. Upon payment, please send a copy of a written proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those willing to attend the buffet reception are welcome to do so at extra charge. ATTENTION! Please, only make the payment upon receiving a letter of confirmation stating that your theses have been approved for publication. Otherwise, your payment will not be refunded.